You have done it, I have done it, everyone has done it at one time. Do you remember the woman wearing a “put together” outfit, who walked up to the microphone with such self-confidence that you were sure she was the leader of the organization? At that time, you thought “I wish I could be that successful and confident”.
Then there was the time you saw a parent at the park, with a bunch of children. They were laughing, playing, having a great time, and enjoying life to the fullest. As you watched, you smiled and thought, “I wish I could be that happy and carefree.”
Sorry to say that wishing won’t make you more successful, confident or any happier. Whether you want to be more successful, happier, creative or any of a million other things, you can change your life with the help of powerful, positive intentions coupled with actions.
Are you tired of waiting? Are you ready to make what you want a reality? I hope so because Your Intentions are the building blocks of your future. When you set intentions, you are living intentionally managing your thinking and focusing your thoughts in a specific direction. Once your focus is solid, taking the necessary actions is clear.
4 Steps to Creating Powerful Intentions
Step #1 – What do you want? The first step is knowing what you want. Make a personal list and a professional list of what you desire. From something physical like a car or a partner to a characteristic or trait you want to develop. After you have made your list choose your top three desires in each personal and professional to take into step 2.
Step #2 – The Creation Process. This is where you give your desire laser focus. Follow these steps
- Visualize a clear picture of what you want – see it.
- See yourself in the picture acting as if it is happening now
- Feel the emotions that having it gives you. Feeling the emotions is critical so give yourself plenty of time to visualize, see yourself in the picture as if it is happening and Feel the emotions of having it gives you.
- Use your words to write or say your intention out loud.
Step #3 – Choosing your words. – What you say is what you get. Choose words that are:
- ·present tense – words that are in the now – “I am” is a good one to begin using
- ·clear – describes what you want or how you want to feel or how something will happen. I use descriptive words like easily, joyfully, honestly, simply, etc.
- ·add details to clarify – examples
- I am happy and healthy
- I easily speak up for myself
- I joyfully and easily meet new clients
- I give and receive love in equal measure
- I make sound decisions
Step #4 – Words to eliminate. Your words need to be positive and present time to be effective. Any words that are not positive and, in the present, must go. Here are some of those words:
- Will – this word implies something that will take place in the future. I will support my family is in the future, it is not happening now.
- ·Try or Trying – Try or trying is off in the future. There is no commitment to the intentions, it is a maybe, if it works out
- ·To be – in the future
- ·Not – focus on the positive. I am healthy rather than I am not sick. The not sick focuses on being sick.
- ·Hoping – focus on the present. I easily get a new job rather than I am hoping to get a new job.
- ·But – focus on the positive.
- ·Don't – focus on what you do want. Often it is easy to get lost in what we don’t want. I am abundant and I all my bills are easily paid rather than I don’t want to file for bankruptcy.
You have the steps to create powerful, positive intentions for yourself and your business. Creating intentions regularly helps you in managing your thinking and focusing your thoughts in a specific direction. Once your focus is solid, taking the necessary actions is clear. As John C. Maxwell stated in his book Intentional Living “only by managing my thinking and shifting my thoughts from desire to deeds would I be able to bring about positive change. I needed to go from wanting to doing.” Once you get your intentions clear acting and doing is your next step.
You might be interested in this article 4 Steps To Living An Intentional Life
This article first appeared on my website nancydadami.com
Nancy Dadami is a Feng Shui Specialist, Intuitive and Speaker. She teaches open-minded people to live in “the flow” and align with their Inner Magnificence so they can build confidence, magnetize what they want, and thrive as their authentic self in the world”.