Think of a time when your inner voice was very critical of you for something
- Not knowing what you want
- Not being able to make a decision
- You Ignore taking action that you know is going to help you get to your goals
- You feel paralyzed by fear and can’t take action
Meet your inner critic. The Inner Critic is a powerful force within that tries to keep you from changing, even if you want to. Change brings uncertainty and with uncertainty comes fear. The Inner Critic uses fear as fuel to keep you feeling small, overwhelmed and confused.
Think of a time when you felt like you were in “the flow”. It might have been like this:
- Your days moved easily from one activity to the next.
- You felt peaceful.
- Making decisions was easy
- You were positive, believing anything was possible
- Being happy and uplifted was natural