Do you know the benefits of being kind to yourself? Your overall well-being can be improved when you are kind to yourself or others. When was the last time you focused on treating yourself with kindness and self-compassion?
Personal Benefits of Kindness
The benefits of kindness are more than feeling good. Kindness affects the well-being of your body and your mind. Here are some of the benefits of being and showing kindness to yourself and others.
- Kindness slows down the aging process. People who volunteer tend to have fewer aches and pains.
- Kindness improves your relationships and connections with others. You are uplifted when you perform acts of kindness for yourself or others.
- Kindness increases happiness. In a study by The Journal of Social Psychology, those who practiced an acto fo kindness each day had a higher level of happiness than those who did not.
- Kindness boosts your self-love and self-respect. It makes you happier and in an elevated mood more often.
- Kindness helps prevent illnesses caused by inflammation. Volunteering seems to lower the levels of inflammation in your body. Oxytocin is released, even from small acts of kindness to yourself or others.
- Kindness is good for your heart. It makes you feel good to be kind and it affects the chemical balance of your heart, releasing oxytocin which reduces blood pressure. Another great reason to be kind to yourself and others.
- Kindness helps reduce stress. Helping others lets you focus on another, letting your worries and problems go.
What To Do Next
Kindness helps you stay healthy, happy and feel good about yourself. By practicing self-compassion without expectations you are spreading happiness that has the power to ripple out into the world.
Start With A Loving-Kindness Meditation
You can practice this meditation before you start your day, as you are going to bed at night or anytime during the day that feels right. Remember to begin with yourself so you will be filled up, making it easier to give to others.
Let me know how your Loving Kindness practice is going.
If you found this article helpful share it with others. Thank you.
You may also want to read this article How To Create the World You Want To Live In By Being Kind
NANCY DADAMI – is transforming the way spirited women function in their surroundings. I teach smart busy business owners to create workspaces that make their hearts sing, empower their work and shorten their path to success. As a Feng Shui Consultant, Energy Reader and Soul Flow Artist, I help you understand “the flow” and Find Peace of Mind in your life and business. See her personal website here https://nancydadami.com.