What is the cost to you for disorder and clutter? There is a cost to you when you do not take time to set up systems to organize your office. Think for a minute about all those times you might have put that paper in a pile instead of a file and later spent too much time trying to find it.
Your personal and professional cost of having disorder and clutter in your space is:
- Lost productivity dollars
- Projects not started
- Projects not finished
- Stacks of paper that seem to multiply
- Lack of confidence
- Loss of motivation
- Fatigue, anger, and fear
Those are just a few of the personal and professional costs that disorder and clutter create for you. What starts out as piling papers can quickly turn into a bigger problem affecting your success.
It takes just minutes a day to stay organized. “What is in it for me” you might ask. Well, you will be less stressed, have more time, be more efficient, have more confidence, be free of guilt and frustration, save money, and you will be in control. Not bad for a few minutes work each day.
So here they are, the top eight organizing tips:
- Start your day with a clear desk. It increases your productivity.
- A clear desk means it only has on it what you really need; telephone, computer, and your calendar. Everything else goes inside your desk or nearby.
- Your plan for the day ~ that you wrote the evening before.
- The evening before write your Six most important things to accomplish and prioritize the list.
- Start your day working on your #1 priority for one hour of uninterrupted time, before handling email, voice mail, etc.
- Work on your #1 priority until it is accomplished, them move to your #2 priority.
- Group things that are alike together to prevent duplication and expense.
- At the end of the day clear your desk so it is ready for tomorrow.
Remember “If it is hard to use ~ you won't”. Making your office visually pleasing is not a waste of time. It is essential for your well being and success. Try these tips and let me know how they work for you.
Nancy is known for blending the energy of the outer world with the power of the inner world, creating a sacred container for inner peace, personal growth, and well-being.
Nancy’s mission and commitment are to empower women in their relationships with Self and others, which she does through Creativity workshops, and Feng Shui.
“When one person is empowered, everyone is uplifted” ~ Nancy Dadami
Before becoming an artist, Nancy was a high school principal and teacher. She used Feng Shui principles to create productive and inspiring learning environments, empowering students and faculty.
For 32 years, Nancy inspired hundreds of individuals to step into their Inner Magnificence and Soul’s Calling to create a life of purpose and meaning.
Nancy began a personal growth journey as a teenager after a devasting loss of a parent.
The depth of her insights and growth accelerated when she embraced life as an artist. When Nancy shows up at the front of the canvas, her Soul shows up at the back, and the dance begins, allowing her to process the activities of her life.
In addition to being an Artist, Certified Creatively Fit Coach, and Red Thread Intentional Creativity Guide, Nancy uses her Feng Shui Masters training to cultivate sacred space within and around clients. Visit my website here