Imagine you are standing in the place you call home. How do you feel when you are there?
Are you at ease, relaxed and happy in your home?
Does your home nourish and replenish you?
Do you feel somehow “off” when you are in your home? You know something is amiss and you can’t figure out why you just aren’t comfortable there. Or do you wake up stressed with all you have to get done?
When the energy in your home is not aligned with your desires it can be overwhelming. If the energy in your home is negative or stagnant it will impact all areas of your life including your peace of mind and well-being.
Your home can have the vibration of a sanctuary that nurtures you and contributes to your well-being and peace of mind. When your home has good “flow” the energy vibe is uplifting and positive, making it easier for you to be happy and have peace of mind.
Today I am going to share a 4 – step Feng Shui Clearing method and House Blessing that you can use to increase your well-being and peace of mind.
Creating a sacred space in your home matters.
Think of a time when you went into someone’s home and it felt chaotic. The chaos of the space made you uneasy and you probably wanted to leave as soon as possible.
That is because everything is energy and everything is connected. We connect with the energy of our spaces whether the energy is uplifting or draining and that energy impacts how we feel and how we function everywhere.
You can create sacred space within your home whether it is an altar you make for offerings, a meditation space, your special place to drink tea, or your creative studio. Sacred space is a place where you communicate with spirit, give thanks, and offer prayers.
You connect to your desires when you create intentions. When you say your intentions out loud you call the energy of the universe to support you. Writing intentions is a powerful process that allows you to refine and focus on exactly what you want.
Intentions are like the goalposts in a football game, they help you focus on where you are going. Imagine a football game without goalposts. The players would not know where to run with the ball. Chaos and confusion would be in charge.
When you combine your intentions with sacred actions you create a powerful ceremony. A ceremony can clear, boost and uplift the energy of your intentions and your home. The most important part of performing a ceremony is your sincerity. You must be 100% sincere to get the results you seek.
Step 1 – Preparation for the Feng Shui Clearing Method and House Blessing
- Stand at your front door and notice how you feel there.
- Walk clockwise around your house noticing how you feel in each area and room.
- Make a note of your impressions and feelings.
Step 2 – Create Your Intentions
- Begin by searching your heart. What do you desire?
- Write your intentions following these
- State the intention as if it is already happening.
- Eliminate the words “to be, try, and will”
- Give yourself time to clarify your intentions.
- Check your sincerity, you must be sincere for success.
Step 3– The Orange Peel Method For Clearing A Home
This method is used to clear negative, draining, stale, or stagnant energy from your home. Follow the instructions below:
- Purchase a fresh orange
- Sit in a peaceful place in your home to prepare the orange and sacred water.
- Cut 9 small, round, disk-like pieces(circles) of the rind only, not the orange.
- While cutting the orange rind think about the energy you would like to clear from your home and all the things you would like to be released.
- Place the orange pieces in a small bowl of water. Say your intentions into the bowl of water and orange pieces.
- Starting at the front door, walk through each room and sprinkle water by dipping the fingers with your right hand into the water. Use a flicking motion to sprinkle a small amount of water in each room. Visualize negative and stagnant energy is being released.
- Finish at the front door and give thanks for the energy clearing.
You can use the Orange Peel Method to clear energy in your home anytime you believe a clearing or boost in the vibration is needed.
Step 4 – The House Blessing
- Begin by standing inside your home at the front door or at your altar if you have one.
- Center yourself with a few deep breaths
- Take a moment to connect with the energy of your home, your feelings of gratitude and love for the sacred space you live in.
- Read the House Blessing. You can add your own words to any part of the blessing to make it your own. Or you can read it as is.
- Remember to be sincere.
House Blessing For Your Home
May this house shelter your life.
When you come in home here,
May all the weight of the world
Fall from your shoulders.
May your heart be tranquil here,
Blessed by peace the world cannot give.
May this home be a lucky place,
Where the graces your life desires
Always find the pathway to your door.
May nothing destructive
Ever cross your threshold.
May this be a safe place
Full of understanding and acceptance,
Where you can be as you are,
Without the need of any mask
Of pretense or image.
May this home be a place of discovery,
Where the possibilities that sleep
In the clay of your soul can emerge
To deepen and refine your vision
For all that is yet to come to birth.
May it be a house of courage,
Where healing and growth are loved,
Where dignity and forgiveness prevail;
A home where patience of spirit is prized,
And the sight of the destination is never lost
Though the journey be difficult and slow.
May there be great delight around this hearth,
May it be a home of welcome
For the broken and diminished.
May you have the eyes to see
That no visitor arrives without a gift
And no guest leaves without a blessing.
Step 5 – Post Ceremony Check
- Stand at your front door and notice how you feel there
- Walk clockwise around your home noticing how you feel in each area and room
- What do you notice has changed after doing the orange peel method and house blessing?
You shift and move energy when you perform sacred ceremonies in your surroundings.
Some of the changes you may notice right away and other changes may be subtle and more noticeable over time.
When your home has the vibration of a peaceful sanctuary it nurtures you and contributes to your well-being and peace of mind.
When your home has good “flow” the energy vibration is uplifting and positive, supporting your happiness, health, and peace of mind.
Nancy Dadami is an Intentional Flow Strategist, Energy Reader, and Cheerleader for Your Soul. She teaches smart, spirited Baby Boomers and Gen X’ers to understand “the flow”, follow their Soul's messages, and find peace of mind in their life & business.