Space Clearing in Feng Shui refers to the things you can do to create a more peaceful environment in a subtle, energetic sense.
The sacred space within you and around you is made of subtle energies. What we do, say and think influences the energy field around us. The activities we do in our home influences the subtle energy in our space. At times that subtle energy field gets clogged with outside energies from other people and places. You know that has happened when you feel overwhelmed, drained, scattered or cranky.
Feng Shui Space Clearing helps remove those subtle energy imbalances. If nothing is done to clear those energetic imbalances they build up and diminish your vitality, your creativity, and your ability to make good decisions..
Perhaps you are struggling in a relationship, you have a health challenge, or you are confused about what to do next. Is it possible that your personal energy space is clogged up with an imbalance in the subtle energies within you and around you?
I follow Dana Claudat. She is an author, featured wellness expert and speaker. She helps people rewrite their story to give more of themselves to life and get more of what they want from life. She recently published a post on the topic of space clearing titled 10 Reasons Clearing Space Can Change Your Life. I agree that these reasons apply to each of us. Here is some of what she shares:
“What is Space Clearing?
Space Clearing in my way is a way of shaking up the stuck and stagnant energy in a space. Those spaces include your body, your home, your office, your thoughts, your relationships, your digital life and even the story of your past.
Space Clearing is literally “clearing away junk”.
Clearing space can help you:
1. Get through life transitions. We get stuck in transitions between things (jobs, moving to new places, life changes, relationship changes) when there’s not a lot of room to adjust. It’s like trying to make new friends in a new city when you work 18-hour days. There’s not a lot of free space to connect and grow. All life transitions flow much better with clear space.
2. Worry less and live more. The biggest form of self-sabotaging energy I see around me is worry and worry seems to grow like weeds in chaos and disorder and clutter.
3. Save time! Do you know how much more time you will have if you can focus on what you want to do rather than all the things in around you that are not organized and feel stifled? In my case, it’s about 10 more hours a week on average that are not wasted. Notice when you fall into overwhelm and procrastinate. It may be more often that you imagined.
4. Sleep better. When the air around you is relaxed and buzzing with peace, it’s a whole lot easier to sleep.
5. Risk much bigger. Yep, you can take much bigger risks when you have less stagnant and negative stuff in your way.
6. Find your focus. The key to focus in Feng Shui is metal energy and metal elemental energy is borne of clear space.
7. Open your life up to more compassion. The less you have stuff standing in your way, the more you can see beyond yourself and help others.
8. Have more of what you want. When you have space for the new, the new can arrive. You can’t have houseguests without a space for them to sleep. Same goes for the space for money, love, inspiration and all the things you may be wanting.
9. Create far more brilliantly. Creativity is a massive subject, but all experts agree that creativity is a state of being where there is synergy happening in your mind. Whether its hemispheres of your brain lighting up and working together or a process of opening to the mysterious energy of making art, when you have clear space, so much more can happen.
10. Break your own “glass ceiling” and excel far beyond where you originally thought you could. When you stop standing in your own way, even inadvertently, so many possibilities and opportunities flow to you!”
I agree completely with Dana about our space needing to be cleared from the junk that accumulates energetically within and around each of us. If you think about how you feel and what you want, it makes sense to clear your spaces regularly so you can magnetize what you want faster. Space clearing is something that can make the next step which clearing your clutter a bit easier because you are clearing the sacred space within you and around you of unbalanced energies before you tackle your stuff.
You may want to consider ways to clear your space. Here are two ways to clear your space of subtle energy imbalances:
Do It Yourself – You can learn techniques in this book Creating Sacred Space With Feng Shui – Learn the art of Space clearing and Bring New Energy into Your Life
Have a Feng Shui Specialist do it for you. I make house calls and I also work virtually with skype or zoom any place in the world Contact me here
Nancy Dadami is a Feng Shui Specialist, Creative and Speaker. She teaches open-minded people to live in “the flow” and align with their Inner Magnificence so they can build confidence, magnetize what they want, and thrive as their authentic self in the world”.