We have been having yo-yo weather, some days with warm sunshine and others with cold rain. I am not sure if it is spring or winter. Either way it is time to do some spring cleaning, I know I will feel healthier and happier by that simple act.
Imagine spending winter in your house shut tight against the cold, heated by coal, oil, and wood,, lighted with candles. That is how life was in times past. No wonder the Spring was a welcome opportunity to make a dingy space fresh again.
Even though we live in different times with heaters and electricity, Spring Cleaning is still beneficial to our health and well being. Why, because it uplifts our personal chi or energy. Let’s take a deeper look at how it works and what simple tasks will give us the greatest benefit.
Feng Shui is based on the principle that chi flows into, through and out of spaces and people. When there are blocks the chi stagnates and creates problems for our health, well being, and enthusiasm for life.
Tem Ways Chi Is Blocked and What To Do About It
- Clutter of any kind. Piles of papers, messy counters, clothes on the floor, dishes in the sink, unused items inside or outside the home, broken items, unhealthy plants, garage full of stuff, attics with unusable stuff, messy desks, computer files, etc.
- Holding on to items that you do not LOVE. If you do not love it, donate it. Every time you look at an object it affects your personal chi. If you love it, it uplifts you and if you are neutral or hate it, it drains you. When you are surrounded by only items that you love you will be healthier and happier.
- Unfinished projects. Do you have personal, or household or business projects that you have started and not finished? When you think about these projects and that they are not finished it drains your personal chi. Time to finish the projects
- Dirty windows. Your windows are your eyes to the outside world. Having trouble with clarity? Spring is a great time to clean windows so you can see more clearly.
- Stuffy spaces. Open the windows and doors and let the fresh air in. With the fresh air comes uplifting chi. It is good to open the windows and doors everyday when possible. Bring in the chi.
- Cobwebs. Take a look in the corners are there cobwebs present? Check the heater vents and intake vents too. Clean them.
- Heater filters. Time to change the heater filter. You do not want to circulate fresh air through old filters.
- Smoke alarm. Sometimes we forget to change the batteries in the smoke alarm. Anything that is not working properly drains our chi.
- Burned out light bulbs block chi. Time to replace all burned out bulbs. If you have a lamp that does not work properly, fix it or get rid of it.
- Broken or non-working items support broken or non working chi in your home, business, or self. If you love it and it is broken, fix it. Otherwise get rid of it.
When you take care of these Chi Blockers you open the door to your freedom, health, well being, creativity, and enthusiasm for life.